RICE BALLS RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
- Melt butter in a large pot, pour in uncooked rice and cook for 2 minutes. Add saffron, if using and pour in wine until wine evaporates. Begin stirring in boiling water until rice is tender. Cook rice uncovered. Add salt and pepper, to taste. When rice is cooked take off heat, mix in cheese and 2 eggs. Place in refrigerator, covered, for 2 hours or overnight. Rice must be chilled.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat add oil, saute onions and the chopped garlic for 2 minutes, add in the beef and pork, and brown. Remove excess grease. Add in basil, tomato paste, tomato sauce , water, and sugar until it all becomes thick in texture. Add peas while still warm, take off heat and set aside. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the rice mixture, place in hand and form a small cup.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of the meat mixture to center of the rice cup, add 1 teaspoon of the rice over the meat mixture and roll in a ball. Roll the rice ball in the remaining eggs and then roll that into the bread crumbs. Heat vegetable oil to 360 degrees F. Deep-fry rice balls until browned, place on a paper towel lined plate or dish.
- Before serving garnish with cheese and/or the extra sauce.
RISOTTO BALLS (ARANCINI) RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
My Italian grandma made these risotto balls for me. I still request them when I visit her, and so do my children. These can be made ahead of time and frozen. They are also delicious served as a vegetarian main course with a salad. —Gretchen Whelan, San Francisco
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 60 minutes
Prep Time 35 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Yield about 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large saucepan, combine water, rice and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 18-20 minutes. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly. Add eggs and pesto; stir in 1 cup bread crumbs., Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Shape rice mixture into 1-1/4-in. balls. Roll in bread crumbs, patting to help coating adhere. Place on greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Serve with marinara sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 42 calories, FatContent 1g fat (0 saturated fat), CholesterolContent 10mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 125mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges 1/2 starch.
More about "tomato and basil arancini recipes"
VALENTINE'S DAY STARTER RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
WELCOME TO THE TOMATO STALL
HOW TO MAKE SQUID INK PASTA - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS: RECIPES ...
ITALIAN APPETIZER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES